Approved by the General Director of the publishing house «Economic Education», December 14, 2013
PROCEDURE FOR REVIEWING MANUSCRIPTS PRESENTED FOR PUBLICATION IN
MAGAZINES «TODAY AND TOMORROW OF RUSSIAN ECONOMУ», «SCIENTIFIC REVIEW. SERIES 1. ECONOMICS AND LAW», «SCIENTIFIC REVIEW. SERIES 2. HUMAN SCIENCES»
1. All scientific articles submitted to the editorial board are subject to mandatory reviewing. Reviewing is carried out by Doctors of Science possessing unquestionable authority in the sphere of scientific knowledge the manuscript is connected with.
2. All articles submitted to the editorial board are examined to determine their relevance to the journal’s profile and compliance with formatting requirements and given an individual registration number. They are then sent to a reviewer whose scientific specialization is closest to the topic of the article. Improperly formatted manuscripts are not reviewed.
3. If the editorial board cannot find are viewer with asuitable level of expertise in the sphere of knowledge the manuscript belongs to, the board asks the author to submit an external review. This, however, does not cancel the accepted reviewing procedure.
4. The reviewers are notified of the fact that the manuscripts are the private property of their authors and contain information which is not to be revealed. The reviewers are not allowed to make copies of articles. Reviewing is confidential.
5. Reviewing terms are determined by the executive secretary and can not exceed 2 months from the day of manuscript receipt.
6. The review must state: a) whether the content of the article matches its title, b) to what extent the article corresponds to modern achievements in the relevant sphere of science. It must assess: c) the way in which material is presented, d) the reasonability of publishing the article, e) the advantages and disadvantages of the article. The final part of the review must present substantiated and constructive conclusions on the merits of the manuscript and give a clear recommendation on the necessity of either publication or revision of the article (with a list of mistakes and inaccuracies committed by the author).
7. The review is sent to the author of the article upon request. It can also be sent to HAC upon the request of expert council.
8. If the review contains recommendations on revising and reworking the article, the executive secretary of the journal sends the text of the review to the author and suggests considering the recommendations during the preparation of a new variant of the article. The new variant must be submitted no later than amonth since the receipt of revision recommendations. The revised article is once again submitted for reviewing.
9. Final decision on the article publication is taken by the journal’s editorial board and recorded in the protocol of editorial board meeting.
10. After the decision on publishing the article has been taken by the editorial board, the executive secretary informs the author no later than in five working days and states publication terms.
11. Original copies of reviews are stored in the editorial office for five years. The editorial board does not store copies of articles not accepted for publication. Manuscripts of accepted articles are not returned